Canberra Indoor Rock Climbing is the leading indoor rock climbing centre in Canberra, with two locations at Hume and Mitchell.
Indoor rock climbing appeals to people already in the sport looking at improving their skills, new people looking for a challenge, groups wanting to explore and try rock climbing.
In 2017 they required that their website is updated to allow for easier use on mobile devices and a site that could be updated by their staff.
The site required a re-design and a presentation layer design that was clean and not distracting to the users of the site.
The new site is required to:
- Reflect the current activities of Canberra Indoor Rock Climbing,
- Appeal to wide audience of people on the periphery of trying rock climbing,
- Cater for training teams and information they required for their activities.
We worked by prototyping the site to the client and developing functionality required for the site.
Our approach for this assignment was to:
- To capture the essence of their business requirements and desired look and feel for their web presence,
- Design and build the system,
- Provide on-going support for sustainment and growth of their online presence for their business growth.
The key elements for the design were to have the top 4 activities available early in the site as it loaded for people to access.
With the majority of site visitors accessing the site using mobile devices, it was important to have key information available to help people find contact details, locations and opening times on the home page. Further information can be found by drilling down the menus or linking through from the homepage to specific pages.
To give site visitors a feel for the environment, we included an Instagram feed to site visitors can see some of the activities that occur and feel safe about trying indoor rock climbing.
The website is growing and allowing people to connect with Canberra Indoor Rock Climbing.