Volunteering Australia is the national peak body for volunteering in the Australia.
They provide information and resources about volunteering to allow policy makers to make more informed decisions in relation to Volunteering.
Additionally, they allow people to discover Volunteering opportunities – whether it be through membership, donating, upcoming events, becoming a partner or supporter, or applying for available volunteering roles.
To establish Volunteering Australia’s presence, they required a redesigned site that allowed people to search for opportunities through their ‘GoVolunteer’ search initiative, allow users to find things more easily on the homepage, have a design that complimented their organisations visual style.
They also required improvements e-Commerce site for online sales.
Our role was to:
- Resolve existing technology challenges with the site,
- Re-develop the information architecture,
- Re-design the site for users to improve engagement and those connected and seeking with Volunteering Opportunities.
Our approach for this assignment was to:
- Assess the current situation and respond with measures to stabilise the site,
- Work collaboratively with the staff to ensure the potential design met the goals of the organisation,
- Deliver the new design and working site in time for their working calendar and organisation activities.
It was important to present the key information easily for stakeholders engaging at policy and management level, and for people seeking volunteering opportunities to find things easily.
We primarily designed the site to focus on users using mobile devices.
One of the goals was to ensure that the site was not cluttered, making it easier for users to navigate and further explore volunteering opportunities.
The improved website is assisting the organisation greatly in championing the value Volunteering brings to Australia. It has high levels of engagement, which is fulfilling their organisational charter.