John Feehan is The Dung Beetle Expert. He started up The Dung Beetle Expert after his CSIRO project concluded. The Dung Beetle Expert aims to provide dung beetle education and is a supplier of dung beetles in Australia.
John required a redevelopment of his previous site. He needed a simple site that effectively engaged a wide audience, and provided a platform to supply dung beetles.
The site required a re-design inspired by the original site’s images and colour schemes. It needed to be easy to navigate and engaging.
The new site had to:
- Be easy to access information and education;
- Appeal to a wide audience;
- Make it easy to enquire about, and purchase dung beetles.
We worked by prototyping the site to the client and developing functionality required for the site.
Our approach for this assignment was to:
- Provide a design that was device friendly;
- Capture the essence of their business requirements and desired look and feel for their web presence;
- Design an attractive site with appeal and build the system;
- Provide on-going support for sustainment and growth of their online presence and business.
The key elements of the design are to provide a look and feel that offers appeal to anyone interested in dung beetles. Inspiration from the previous site has been reflected through the re-use of relevant graphics and colour schemes.
The home page displays the original image provided by National Geographic that the client required to be included. It also reflects key information to users about the importance of dung beetles and their benefits to the ecosystem. Users also have quick access to videos featuring The Dung Beetle Expert at Tedx.
The functionality is to make it easier to access information about dung beetles, and enquire to purchase dung beetles. There are many avenues for users to contact The Dung Beetle Expert directly.
The website has been received positively by the client and their customers.
Are you looking for more information about dung beetles or purchasing dung beetles for your property?