Christian Education in Schools (CEIS) ACT
CEIS is coordinated by qualified teachers who facilitate policy adherence, curriculum planning, volunteer training, session delivery, and professional liaison with families, schools, ETD, churches and
In 2018, they were looking for an updated website that allowed for easier use on mobile devices, and a site that could be easily updated by their staff.
The site required a re-design of the presentation layer and information architecture that was efficient and not distracting to the users of the site.
The new site had to:
- Provide information to assist parents in making a decision to send their children to class activities;
- Provide key information for stakeholder groups;
- Provide a platform to display videos that reflects what goes on in class.
We worked by prototyping the site with the client and developing functionality required for the site.
Our approach for this assignment was to:
- Capture the essence of their requirements, along with the desired look and feel for their web presence;
- Design an attractive site based on existing colour schemes with appeal and build the system;
- Provide on-going support for sustainment and growth of their online presence and business.
The key elements of the design for the CEIS site were to have the cohesion of their look and feel with other material used by their organisation. Primarily, it had to be easy to use on a mobile device, allowing people who were interested in their service, and current volunteers to interact with their own pages.
The website has been received with a positive response.